I honestly can't believe that Jacob is almost 18 months old. I'm shocked. I feel like I closed my eyes and he grew up. I'm looking at old pictures from last year and can't believe my little itty baby is GONE! I have to admit though, this age is SO much fun! Christmas is so much different this year than it was last year. We did our Christmas to him this morning since we are leaving for California on Tuesday. He didn't completely understand the concept of opening the presents (he still enjoyed ripping the paper once I showed him how), but boy did he love playing with the toys. I couldn't get them out of the packaging fast enough for him! We only got him a few small things since we did a big trip to Dallas to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live just a few weeks ago. More on that later...
He is OBSESSED with Toy Story right now. We made the mistake of watching all three of them with him one weekend when we were ALL sick and that started the obsession. It's adorable, don't get me wrong, but man, I'm getting a little sick of watching them. I try and only let him watch one of the movies once a day, if that, but on the weekends, I let him watch a few. Like today, we watching one and three. He will seriously sit through the ENTIRE movie. It's bizarre. So, for his gifts, I picked out a few Toy Story things. A coloring book, a book with sounds, and two Buzz Lightyear action figure things. One is a little space rocket that you shake and it moves across the floor. Too cute. A few other small things here and there, but that was the jist of it. Not to mention, he is going to be SPOILED as soon as we get back home. He has enough toys as it is. Our house is seriously getting taken over!
We went to Dallas with our good friends and neighbors, Ashley, Ryan and Ryder! Ryder is 2 days older than Jacob. They are best buds. It's adorable!! We were there from December 3-5. It was a blast! We ate at yummy places and had a great time getting out of town. The boys LOVED Yo Gabba Gabba. That was Jacob's favorite show before he discovered Toy Story. He still likes it, but not nearly as much as Toy Story. He will tell me "no no no" when I put on anything else. It's really adorable. I'm sure I won't think that when he's 16. We went to the Shrek Ice Show at the Gaylord Texan. That resort is AMAZING! The ice show was pretty neat, but a little too old for the boys to really understand. It was still a really neat experience. We kinda rushed through it a little because it was 2 degrees!! Thankfully we were all really well bundled up. Jacob was a tad miserable in all the layers, but he didn't really fuss at all. He really didn't know what to make of all of it actually. Afterwards, we ate at this really old restaurant called the Mystery Time Machine Restaurant. It was hilarious. All the wait staff was dressed up in costumes. Our waiter was Mr. Incredible. Pretty funny. The boys seemed to really love it though. Jacob slept like a dream at the hotel. He's an amazing sleeper. We are really really blessed. You give him his blankies and his paci and he is good to go! I love it!
We went to see the specialist that we saw last year around this time in Lubbock for his stomach issues. We started to worry because he wasn't gaining weight and he wasn't eating much. I went to a new pediatrician here in town that diagnosed him with Eosinophilic Esophagitis Colitis, which is a pretty horrible disease. Come to find out, the only way to diagnose that disease is to do a scope and biopsies, so we went ahead and finally did it. They wanted to do this last year to him, but we couldn't bare it. It was horrible. We had to hold him down in the operating room while they held the gas mask to his little face. All I could hear was his horrible screams coming out of the mask. It took all I had to be strong for him while I was in there. As soon as I left that room I lost it. Thankfully it was only a 15 minutes procedure. He woke up about 30 minutes later and was miserable. They had to go into his colon and to do so, they had to puff air in their. He was in so much pain from the gas. He just screamed and screamed. He wanted all the cords off of him and was pretty much freaking out the entire time until we were able to leave. Once we were out of the hospital, he was GREAT! We went back to the hotel and he was good to go. He acted like nothing even happened, which was amazing! I think it was harder on Alex and I that it was on him. Either way, I NEVER want to do that again. The results came back while we were in Dallas. He did NOT have that horrible disease and he has no clue what's making his stomach the way it is. The scope pictures showed lots of inflammation and it looked really beat up. So, he put him on a drug called Carafate which is supposed to help heal his stomach. We think it might be helping because he eats more and seems to be happier. I still think he has an issue with milk, which we need to figure out. He's was on soy milk. Then goat milk. And NOW...he's on coconut milk or almond milk. ha! Poor kid.
He's getting smarter by the minute. He really starting to talk more. It's amazing! He said "Ryder" the other day as we were getting out of the car and he saw his friend. I love him to pieces.
I need to post more. I saw that all too often...
We are trying for baby number 2. We haven't really been too serious about it just yet. I've been having pretty normal periods for the last 7 months or so, so I was hoping that my body was back to normal. I don't think I'm ovulating though. Who knows? I took ovulation tests for a few months and never got a positive, but then the one month I didn't test I think I ovulated! ha!! We are going to possibly go back on clomid next month if I don't ovulate again this month. Of COURSE my period is late! I tested and tested and am not pregnant. I didn't really think I was, but it's bizarre that my body decided to act up when I need it to work.
We shall see what happens! Hopefully we will get pregnant in the next few months! I'm ready to have another one. I know it's going to be very hard, but we know we want more. Why not just get it out of the way??
No comments:
Post a Comment