We had a terrible scare a little bit ago. We put him in his crib for the first night and he did fantastic! At about 4am, he started to wrestle around, so I went in and unswaddled him. I usually do this when he sleeps next to me and he goes back to sleep for about another hour or so. I went back asleep and then all of a sudden his Angel Care monitor went off. I've never ran so fast in my life. I swooped him up and he seemed to be ok. Very sleepy and out of it, but he did just wake up. Alex and I just held him and he seemed fine. We changed him and then he ate and is currently back asleep in his crib, while I sit here shaking and unable to sleep. haha. I tried, but my mind is racing and I feel like I'm going to be sick with worry, I decided to get up and enjoy some alone time with my computer and a cup of coffee. I'm so thankful for that monitor. All of the "what if's" keep playing through my mind...
We had to go to the doctor yesterday. He has some blood in his poop and we got a little worried. We were there for two hours and he was an ANGEL almost the entire time! He started to get a little fussy towards the end, but he was tired. Of course it was right when the doctor came in. Dr. Reese checked him out and he seems to be fine. His throat is still a little red and he might have an anal fissure. Poor little guy! I'm going to keep my eye on it and hopefully it gets better. I was thinking it was a dairy allergy, we shall see!
We had his three month photo shoot with Trish Burdett and the pictures came out amazing! He did so well! I was so proud of him. He was pretty pissy towards the end, but he was tired. When he's tired, he's not a happy camper!
Here's a few things you are up to sweet boy:
- You are still in size two diapers. We tried a size three on you the other day and it was rather hilarious looking. It was WAY too big. I think you will be in size two for a little bit.
- You weighed 13lbs and 10oz yesterday at your doctor's appointment. You were 13lbs 8oz on September 28th, so you didn't gain very much, but we're not worried.
- You are starting to put everything in your mouth. This just started in the last few days.
- You have started to hold your toys more. This started in the last week or so. Mommy was walking you one day and you had your toy in your hand! You picked it up and held it the entire time. Since then, you've been picking them up more and more each day.
- You also found one of the toys on your play mat. It has rings and you will hook it and hold it and shake it for awhile.
- You looked at Molly, our kitty, for the first time yesterday. We were hanging out with you on the couch and she jumped up and you just looked at her for a little bit.
You are getting better in car rides. If it's around your bed time, you will just fall asleep. Timing is everything! The best time to leave is right after you wake up from a nap and have eaten. - You are SUCH a happy baby!! You love to smile and talk. The only time you are ever in a bad mood is when you are really tired or really hungry. You get a little fussy if you get bored, but that usually doesn't last very long.
You still love your bath time. Mommy is usually the one that gives you a bath, but daddy helps. He sits on the tub and talks to you while you splash around. He also gets you out and dries you off. - You have become a very efficient breast feeder! You used to nurse about 5 hours total a day (about 10 times a day), but now you nurse about 2-3 hours total (about 6-7) times. I kinda miss the days it took you 30-45 minutes to eat because I really enjoyed the time to sit with you and relax. Now, you like to get in and get out and get back to business!
- You put yourself on a schedule. You get up, you get changed, you eat, play for about an hour and then you go down for a nap (you are up for about an hour and a half and then you get really tired). We do that cycle all day.
- You go down to sleep at about 9:30 every night. You wake up at about 3:30-4 to eat and you usually go back down for another 3-4 hours.
- You spit up a lot. We had to take you to the doctor for it because it was really bad for a little bit, but she thinks it was a virus because you had a red throat too. I think you have a little case of reflux, but it doesn't really bother you, so we didn't put you on medication for it.
- You seem to have gas a lot. You like to fart. As I type this, you are in your crib, farting. It makes me smile.
- You still don't take a paci. You look at us like we are crazy when we try to give you one.
- You LOVE to stand up with our help. Sometimes you won't bend your legs because all you want to do is stand.
- You do really well at tummy time and hold your head up like a champ!
Here are the pictures from the photo shoot:















No comments:
Post a Comment