Sunday, January 9, 2011

A little behind...6 months!!??

Wow...I'm just a little behind. I got really mad at my blog and haven't been back since! All my blogs that I follow are gone! I'm so sad. I was trying to fix the layout because everything is at the bottom for some reason, but in my attempt to fix it, I lost a ton of stuff. BOO! Now I need to catch up on the last THREE months! So much has happened. Little man is six months old today. I feel like it was just yesterday that he was born.

Where to begin?!

We just got back a week ago today from spending 11 days in California for Christmas. It was amazing. Jacob was a dream on the plane. We had no issues at all. He didn't cry or fuss at all. I think people were amazed at how good he was. Uncle Jeff met us at the airport. We got in pretty late. It was around 9:30 p.m. there which was 11:30 for us. Needless to say, Jacob was really tired. Our luggage got caught on the carousal.  So it took a long time to get our bags which was a little annoying. Jeff tried to install the carseat that we sent, but he had some issues (which I don't blame him because it was a pain), so we had to re-install it before we could leave. At this point it was really late and we had a 30 minute drive ahead of us. Thank goodness for Baby Einstein! He started to fuss a little, but as soon as I put that on...he was good to go. We made it to Gido and Monique's house in no time. They said their hellos and we put him to bed. He thankfully slept really welll.

Our whole trip was a blur it went by way too fast. Every morning Jacob would wake up talking. It was the sweetest thing ever. Even if it was 5am. He would lay in bed between us and tell us all about his night. Then, at about 7am every morning, Jacob and Gido would hang out on the couch. Jacob would lay on Gido's tummy and continue to talk and tell him about everything. He really started to find his voice this last month (the screaming started too!). I think one of the things I miss the most is seeing Jacob with his Gido. The love that they share is amazing. To see how much Magdy loves Jacob melts my heart and makes me love him that much more.

We had an amazing Christmas Eve with the immediate family at Monique's house in Diamond Bar, which is where we ended up staying the whole time because the Laguna house was too cold. It worked out really well. Yan, Sheri, Ian, Olivia, Jacque, Uncle Jeff, and Uncle Chris were all there. It was nice to have it just the close family this year with the kids. Olivia and Jacob are only 3 days apart, so it was really cute to see them interact. For Christmas, we went over to Gido Salah's house. It was SO nice to see all of the family with Jacob. I can't tell you how many times my eyes filled with tears just seeing the love that everyone has for him. It's amazing. He was passed all around and did really well. He wasn't used to seeing this many people! By the end of the day though, he was ready to go home and relax. He took two naps in Sarah's room and did great! I was so happy that we didn't have to swaddle him. He slept his normal 30 minute naps. It was really nice.

On the 26th, we drove down to Laguna Beach and he got to see the ocean for the first time. It was so sweet to see his face. He was intrigued. At one point, we sat him down in the sand. We were all taking pictures and not really paying any attention to anything when the tide came up and got us!! Thankfully daddy came to the rescue and pulled Jacob up. He only got a little wet on his lags. Poor daddy got drenched. It was pretty funny. Jacob wasn't even phased by any of it. He was as calm as a clam. After we threw everything in the dryer, we went to lunch at this amazing little Mexican restaurant around the corner. Jacob just sat in his (new) stroller and played with his toys while we ate.

We tried to see as many friends as we could while we were there. He met, Rick, Brandon, Matt Hull, Amanda and their three sweet girls, Augie, Kelleen and her sister Tiffany...and? I think that's it? We went to Emily and Pete's for New Years Eve and had a really nice time. We played games, ate, and just relaxed. Jacob woke up at 11:57, right before we counted down. Thankfully he didn't wake up screaming, so we were able to ring in the new year with hugs and kisses. Right after, I tried to get him back to sleep, but it was difficult, so I didn't get to hang out anymore.

It was an amazing and FAST trip. We were able to visit his great grandparents at Forest Lawn briefly. It was raining, so we didn't get to spend much time there. The best part about the whole trip was seeing him with the family and most importantly Gido and his Nana! He loves his Nana so much, and thankfully got to see her twice while we were there. It's so neat to see my mom with him and the amount of love that she has for him. I wish my dad was here to see it. I know he would love him to pieces.

-----

We've been dealing with a lot of issues with poor Jacob. At one point we thought he had an intolerance to milk protein, so in October, I cut all dairy out of my diet. Then shortly after that I thought  maybe soy was causing problems, so I cut that out of my diet. We saw little change. He was still having random bouts of blood in his stools. He also had a lot of mucus which wasn't seeming to get any better. We took him to the GI specialist in Lubbock because things weren't getting better with that and his reflux. The doctor did a blood test and apparently he doesn't have a problem with milk protein, but as soon as I started eating it again he had some problems with his stools again.

On Monday, January 3rd, the day after we got back into town, I took him to the doctor to learn he had ANOTHER ear infection (this is his second one now), and was told that I need to stop breastfeeding again. This is the third doctor that told me I needed to stop because they all think his problems are due to my milk. I was devastated. I've tried everything to keep breastfeeding him and I had to stop. So, I stopped. As soon as we got home I prepared myself. I made formula and attempted to feed him. It was the worst day of my life. He didn't eat for 12 hours and just screamed. He looked at me with this horribly sad face. He didn't understand why I wasn't feeding him. We both just cried all day. Then, that night, he finally took the bottle and ever since then...he's been taking it. I'm still really sad and miss it terribly. I was hoping to continue if I didn't see any changes from the formula, but my supply is going away very fast. Even if I wanted to continue to breastfeed, I don't think I would be able to.

His sleeping is back to being really horrible. The last few nights he's waking up after 40 minutes, screaming. Nothing keeps him asleep longer. I think it might be the antibiotics messing with his tummy. I'm hoping that as soon as he's done with them he gets better. We have an endoscopy scheduled for the 19th of this month for him and I've been hoping and praying that the formula makes him all better and we don't have to do it, but I have a feeling we will. His reflux is still pretty bad, even on the prilosec and the CCM (caracream max). Seeing uncomfortable and in pain is the worst thing in the world. I wish I could take it away. The lack of sleep for me is ok...I just want HIM to get rest.

Here are a few things you are up to, my love:

- You are in size 3 diapers. We are still using Earth's Best diapers. You used to be in Seventh Generation, but we switched awhile back.

- At your last doctor's appointment, on January 3rd, you weighed 16lbs and 8oz. You are growing like a little weed. We can't wait to find out how long you are at your 6 month appointment tomorrow. Not very excited about the shots though!

- You are teething really bad! You put everything in your mouth and drool like crazy. I really think you might get your first tooth soon. You love your Tigger toy that daddy got you. You also really love your vibrating teething toy. Anything that feels good on your gums, you love.

- You started sitting up all by yourself on December 29th, in California!

- You are on Allimentum formula. It stinks, but you seem to take to it really well. I know you miss nursing though, and mommy does too. You eat about 4oz every three hours. At night you can go 6-8 hours before you need to eat again and then in the morning you will eat about 6oz.

- In the last month you started solids. You have had cereal, squash and green beans. You really didn't like the squash at first, but you love it now. I think green beans are your favorite though. You didn't even make a face the first time I gave them to you and you kept opening your mouth for more. I couldn't get it in fast enough! Your first taste of cereal was on November 23rd. You were 19 weeks and 4 days old.

- You had your first long car ride. We drove 4 1/2 hours to Granbury, Texas for Thanksgiving weekend. We went to Bryan and Dawn's lake house. You did really well most of the drive, but by the end, you were done! Mommy had to sing "Where is Thumbkin" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" about a million times just to get you to calm down. You love those songs!

- You had your first plane ride when you were 15 weeks old and 5 days (October 27th). We went to California while daddy went to Vegas. We stayed with Emily and Gracie-Rose. You were such a good boy!

- You rolled over for the first time at 18 weeks (November 12th). You will only sometimes roll over. Being on your tummy isn't your favorite thing these days. You only last a little bit before we have to turn you onto your back or now, sitting up.

- You LOVE LOVE LOVE to bouce! You play in your Jumperoo a lot.

- You love watching Baby Einstein. Grandma Tawylia bought you a lot more DVD's for Christmas along with Your Baby Can Read which we just started you on yesterday. You seemed to really like it.  You talked and screamed during the whole thing.

- You are always smiling at us. You love your daddy so much!

- As soon as you hear our voices, you turn to see who is talking. I think you are even started to learn your name.

- You started to take a paci to go to sleep now since you can't nurse to sleep. That's the only time you will take it though. As soon as I swaddle you, turn on your white noice and pop the paci in, you are almost out.

- You love to watch the cats walk around. You will stop whatever you are doing to watch them walk by and then will go back to whatever it was you were doing. 

 You love to stand up with our help. You can even stand holding on to something. I let you stand up with your toy and you did great!

- We started a new tradition. Grandma Tawylia got a Christmas tree for your room and every year the grandparents are going to buy you a Christmas ornament to put on your tree.

- You are still on a schedule during the day. You are awake for 2 hours now instead of an hour and a half (sometimes you last about 2 1/2 hours) and then you go for a nap. You wake up at about 7am every morning for the day. We hang out with Daddy before he has to go to work and just play a little. After your first morning nap you watch Baby Einstein and then you have your cereal.

- You only nap for about 30 minutes. While in California, you started to take a long morning nap. You sometimes do that still, but it depends on how your night went.

You're amazing Jacob. Mommy and Daddy love you more with each passing minute. We really don't know what we did without you and couldn't imagine a life without you in it. You make 5am on a Sunday amazing. I never thought I would say that! I can't believe how fast you are growing up!!!


















No comments: