Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wow...

It's  been a really really long time since I wrote a post. Needless to say, I've been busy, but I can't really use that as an excuse. I just haven't felt like blogging to be honest. It takes time and I always find myself being lazy when it comes to being on the computer. I'm always on Facebook, or playing with photo sites. I'm working on my picture taking skills.

Jacob is getting so big. I can't believe in just a few short months he will be a year old. I find myself getting really sad when I think about how fast it has gone, but then again, I realize how excited I am to watch him grow! It's amazing. He grows a little more each day.

He's learning to walk. He's 9 1/2 months. I'm thinking he will be walking in about a month or so. He's taken a few steps here and there, but crawling is much faster, so he prefers that. He still lets me feed him his bottles, which I adore. He actually prefers that I feed him. Lazy little one we have there. He knows how to hold his bottle, he would just rather have me do it, which I honestly don't mind, AT ALL.

We have new friends which is SO amazing. We were getting really lonely for awhile there. Our neighbors introduced us to Ashley and Ryder. Ryder is TWO days older than Jacob which is AMAZING! They like hanging out together and Ashley is the sweetest person I've ever met, so it's a bonus. We do something with them almost everyday. It's so nice to get out of the house. We were getting a little bored before we met them because we really didn't know any other stay at home mommies with babies around his age. Of course, I have Leslie! BUT, Marlie and Holt were sick for awhile, so we haven't seen them since February!! We can't wait to see them next week. We really miss them.

We started swim lessons this month. He wasn't too sure about it at first. He clung to me and rested his head on my shoulder the entire time. I'm not going to lie, I love when he does that, but I have to push him to do things and not keep him all to myself (darn it). He's finally starting to open up more and enjoy it. We plan on going for awhile. Daddy will be coming to visit this week to take pictures and to see how cute he is in the pool with all of his friends. Ryder, Lily, Canon and Deacon (all our friends) are in the same class.

He has two teeth now. His bottom teeth. Poor thing had a hard time with them. I couldn't figure out why he was so fussy for awhile. He would just scream. I finally felt his gums and felt them poking up and it all made sense. Poor thing. I didn't know what the heck was going on! No other teeth just yet and I'm just fine with them taking their time. If the other teeth are anything like the first two, I'm not looking forward to it.

We had to sleep train him a few weeks ago. Again. After teething, illnesses, and traveling, we started some really bad habits. He was waking up around 11 or midnight and I was bringing him into bed with me in the guest bedroom. While I loved sleeping next to him, it just wasn't safe anymore. Not to mention, we both weren't sleeping really well. I was worried about him falling off the bed (even with tons of pillows lining the edge) and he's a WILD sleeper! He's all over the place. So, we had to let him cry one night. It took 30 minutes, and then the next night he did about 15 minutes and after that....he turned into a sleeping angel! He's been sleeping 11-12 hours a night straight with the exception of one or two nights. It's pure heaven being able to sleep all night in my bed. I miss him dearly in the morning though and find myself staring at the monitor wishing him to wake up.

He's just getting over a virus which caused a horrible rash all over his body. He had a small fever for two days and the rash is just now going away after a week. Poor baby. The rash didn't seem to bother him too much, but it looked horrible.

We went to see the Easter Bunny this past week and he LOVED him!!! He had the biggest smile on his face the entire time. We got a really cute picture and ordered greeting cards and mailed them to the family. I'm so excited for tomorrow morning because we got him an amazing easter basket. I got him his favorite snacks, a toy phone, balls, a new outfit, new paci's, a toy truck, plastic eggs, a few bath toys and I think that's it? I can't wait for him to see it! We plan on going to the park tomorrow to hang out and get a few pictures at the Duck Pond. We miss our family on the holidays, so it will be nice to get out and think of something else.

We just moved him into 12 month sleepers! Ah! I can't believe it. He's still in size three diapers (Earth's Best). He still has a problem with food. I think it's his reflux, which is a WHOLE other blog post. I have to cut this short because we are going to relax in bed and watch a movie (with a nice glass of wine) while the little prince sleeps.

I plan to update more often. I don't want to forget any of this. Pictures tomorrow!

No comments: