Sunday, January 30, 2011

This is hard.

I never really knew how hard being a mom would be. No one every really warned me on that part. It wouldn't change anything, of course. I still love every single second of it, but it's hard. No one can really prepare you for the things you will go through. Sleep runs my life.

He is having a difficult time sleeping again. His naps are back to being bad. He will only sleep 30-40 minutes. And nighttime is back to being horrific again. He can't seem to put himself to sleep anymore and I don't get it. It has to be something I did. He can't go to sleep without someone (me) rocking or holding him. We've tried letting him cry, but he doesn't let up. He just gets louder and louder and I can't take it. It's so mean. I only last 15 minutes. I can't believe people let their children cry for hours. I don't have the heart. He doesn't understand. He doesn't know why he can't sleep. But how long do I do this? I know he would be happier if he could sleep better. Does he hurt? Is he teething? Gas? It's so hard to know what's going on. That's the main reason I won't let him cry. What if he NEEDS me?

Besides the sleep issues we have, he's such an amazing little boy. He makes my heart melt. I can't believe we got so lucky with such an amazing baby. He's so happy all the time. I kiss him to death all the time.

He's very ticklish! He has certain spots that are worse, like under his armpits, his legs right under his butt and his back. It's adorable to hear his little laugh and squeal. I can't believe he's almost 7 months old. Where is time going?


1 comment:

J said...

I'm sorry Michele. That has to be so hard and frustrating. I hope you find the answers soon.