Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm PREGNANT!

Well, the first round of clomid worked for us again. It's still really early (because you know I was peeing on a stick the minute I ovulated...hahahaha). I found out on Thursday, February 23 around lunch time. I had tested that morning with a dollar store cheapie and didn't see anything really. Right away an indent showed up (exactly like it did with Jacob), but there wasn't any color to it, I I figured it was an evap line. I had been getting A LOT of them, but I didn't think it meant anything. Well, after we got home from bible study (we are studying the book of James and wow), I was feeling like I was pregnant. I just knew it! I saw the test from the morning and it had a very visible pink line. It was really faint, but it was there. I knew I couldn't count it though because it was way after 10 minutes. So, I took another cheapie and got the same indent. THEN, I took a more expensive test and the line showed up RIGHT AWAY! It was super faint, but it was there. No mistaking it AT ALL. I was shaking, I was SO EXCITED. I knew it. I was starting to second guess myself because I had a little spotting the night before after intercourse. I was sure AF was about to show up.

I wanted to tell Alex, but I didn't want to tell him over the phone AND Jacob was still napping. As soon as he woke up, I borrowed a "Big Brother" t-shirt from my good friend Ashley and headed over to Alex's office (which is thankfully right around the corner!). I told him we were outside so he could meet us. Jacob was walking to the door as he was standing there waiting for a hug. He said, "oh, what a handsome boy!" The whole time I have this HUGE smile on my face waiting for him to catch on. Jacob got to him (well, walked right past him) and he still didn't get it. I said, "did you see his shirt?" He said, "Yea, it's cute." I said, "what does it say?" He replied, "Big Broth..Big Brother?!" Really? What?" He ran to me and hugged me for ever. We both looked at each other with tears in our eyes and he said he was so happy. He told me he never wanted to forget this moment.

After a minute we went into his office so he could tell Bryan and Carter. They were pretty happy for us. I left Jacob with Daddy and I went to the doctor to have my blood checked. My HCG was only 11.8!! So so so early. With Jacob it was 28 when I went in a 10 dpo. I thought I was 12 dpo, but I could be wrong. My progesterone was really good at 18.8. I go back tomorrow morning to have it checked again. I'm praying the numbers are where they should be.

The minute I found out I was pregnant I thought instantly that it was a little girl. Then last night, during bath time, Alex said he was 95.5% sure it was a little girl. I don't know what makes us think this way, but it's weird. I sure hope we are right. I would love to have a sweet little girl. A little boy would be just as great though! I know Jacob would MUCH rather have a brother. I honestly don't care as long as he/she is healthy!

I'm not too sure when I'm due yet. I can't really go off of my period since I ovulated WAY late (around day 21). So it's somewhere between October 28th and November 2nd. We shall see! We are both so excited. I'm hoping and praying for a healthy 9 months.

Jacob is doing GREAT. He had tubes put in his ears last month and is doing so much better. He's eating more. Talking more. He's happier. Now if we could get his allergies under control we would be perfect. More on him in another post...he's waking up and it's breakfast time!

1 comment:

J said...

Congratulations friend!! Life with two is AMAZING!! :)