Friday, August 24, 2012

Big Boy Bed!

My sweet little baby boy really isn't a baby anymore! He now sleeps in a big boy bed (a full size to be exact). It was so weird to walk into the house after being at a friends house for the afternoon to his room completely different!! We had planned on changing his crib over the weekend of the 18th - but was totally shocked with Alex surprised us and had it done on the 17th! I almost cried. His room looked and felt so different. I didn't like it at first. I wanted the crib back and I wanted my little boy to be a baby again! I felt like I just brought him home into that sweet nursery and now it looked like a totally different place.

He loved it instantly. He loved his crib, so we were a little worried as to how he would take the transition, but he always amazes us. He did (and has done) amazing in the last week. We've only had to go back into his room about 3 or 4 times to tell him to lay back down, but he never gets out and plays. He loves it! When his friends come over he runs into his room and jumps on his bed to show them. He's pretty proud and so are we!

We decided to go with a vintage airplane theme for his "big boy room" because of the painting in our house that he's loved since the day he came home from the hospital. It used to calm him when he was crying, so we knew very early on that we wanted to go with that theme when it was time. We just didn't think it would be here so soon. We are adding the decorating touches slowly, but it's really coming along and we don't have much more to do. It's fun.

Now it's time to work on his sister's room! We started getting things slowly and the furniture actually came in last weekend, but we aren't quite ready for it. We still need to get the carpets stretched and cleaned and then we need to finish the crown molding and paint. The carpet guys come on the 31st and then we should be able to knock the paint out in that same weekend (I'm hoping). I can't wait to start setting things up. It's really hard to believe I'm going to be 30 weeks pregnant this Sunday. Where has this pregnancy gone?! We have yet to decide on a name. I'm having the worst time with it. I love both Madelyn and Charlotte equally. I don't know how to choose, so I decided I needed to wait until I see her sweet face. Jacob was so easy...we both just KNEW. Alex likes Madelyn better, but I just don't know.

We are planning our last little trip before she comes. We are going to San Antonio to Sea World! The Robert's will be joining us and the boys will have a BLAST! We are going September 21-23 and then the following weekend is my baby shower! Fun fun fun!

In other news, we decided to revamp our house. We just had the living room, dining room, kitchen and laundry room painted. It looks AMAZING! We were so sick of the blue/grey color. We hated it when we moved in, we just didn't think we would be here as long as we have. It really changed the house. We ordered new furniture from Carter's, which should get here in about 10 weeks. The carpets are getting cleaned and stretched. New decor. It's exciting and so much fun. We really wanted a bigger house with just one more room, but the housing market is insane right now. After we learned that we wouldn't be building our house (they wanted $156 a sq. ft!!!!), we started looking into buying something else, but it was all too much. I'm really glad we decided to stay where we are. Even though a bigger house with more room would have been so nice, I feel like we made the right decision for our family. We aren't going to lose out on a bunch of money if the market crashes.

Here's the crib we decided to go with! Yay!

More pics to come soon.....

No comments: