I cannot believe I'm already 35 weeks! How in the world did that happen? I felt like I was pregnant with Jacob forever. This time, not so much. I guess I'm just so busy with Jacob that I haven't had every single second to think about being pregnant. I was obsessed when I was pregnant with him. It was ALL about being pregnant. haha. I look back and think about how foolish I was. My, how things have changed. I'm not as nervous and anxious as I was with him. I'm much more calm and have an idea of what I have coming. Of course, it's going to be a lot different, but I feel like it's something we can do. It will take a lot of adjustment on all of our parts, but I know we will get there eventually. We won't have to You Tube how to give a newborn a bath. hahahaha! Oh yea, we so did that. Both of our mothers were here and just laughed and watched us. I can't believe how hard that must have been on them to just watch.
I am SO uncomfortable, but I hate complaining. I'm blessed that I've made it this far with a healthy little girl. We had a little scare with her heart. They couldn't find the fourth chamber and worried that there could have been a hole. Well after seeing the specialist we found that there are no holes (praise Jesus!), but they couldn't find the aortic arch. The doctor wasn't too concerned though. We go back this week to try and find it. I have a feeling all is ok and it's just because of her position. She's been in the same spot since I was 20 weeks. She's not budging.
Jacob is FULLY potty trained. It is GLORIOUS! He hasn't had an accident in about 2 1/2 weeks now. We even drove 5 1/2 hours to San Antonio and went to Sea World and we had no accidents! We pulled over and he used the potty in the car (even went poo poo, haha). He was such a trooper. He has napped the last two days in his underwear and he's doing great. I'm not ready to stop the pull ups at night, but we will get there. 99.9% of the time he wakes up dry. He pretty much trained himself. I was SO easy. I admit, there were a few tough days (about a week). We had a lot of accidents, but one day, he just got it. I think because I got a little upset and he hates to disappointing us, so he just stopped having accidents. That was it! He's such an amazing little boy. He amazes me more and more each day. He is so sweet. If I get hurt (or anyone for that matter), he instantly asks if I'm ok. He gives kisses and always tells us he loves us.
He started Mother's Day Out two days a week this Fall. He goes Tuesday and Thursday and LOVES it. They really helped a lot with potty training. I was really worried about sending him in underwear, but they were saints and helped a TON.
We found out a few weeks ago that we may (more than likely) be moving to Austin next year. We aren't sure about when, but it's pretty evident that it's going to happen. I have mixed feelings about it. I love our friends and life here. Things have been great. We fixed up the house and made it how we like it. On the other end, I'm excited to get the heck out of Midland. This place is awful (other than the people of course). There isn't much to do at all. I know that we will have a lot more to do and a lot more opportunities for the kids in Austin. We will see what happens and when.
I had my baby shower this past Saturday. It was amazing. Leslie, Jenny and Ashley really out did themselves. I was a crying mess nearly the entire time. I was and am just so grateful for them and all they did (and continue to) do for me. I am blessed beyond belief to have them in my life. We received a ton of cute things. I can't wait for her room to be done. It's VERY pink.
Pics to come soon. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment