Monday, April 6, 2009

It's been awhile!

I have been so busy! Too busy to blog and keep up with all the blogs that I follow. This makes me sad! Work is getting in the way of my blogging. Not cool.

One of the cases that my boss is on is going to trial, which means we were BUSY preparing everything last week. I even had to work yesterday from noon till about 5:45. Not too bad, but it is when you are hungover! It just so happens that we had planned my bridal shower and bachelorette party number 2 for Saturday night. Had I known that I would have to work the next day, I would have asked Autumn to move the date. I didn't know about having to work until Friday. Blah. Let me catch up on what has been going on:

Wedding Planning is moving along. I can't wait for the wedding. I am so done with all this planning. Seriously. I don't hate wedding planning, but I don't love it either. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my wedding coordinator is ignoring me. I feel like there are so many loose ends and nothing is getting done. It is pissing me off to no end. I have sent her so many emails and left her messages, but nothing. Ugh. This has been the story of my life though, so it really isn't anything new. I can't wait until I no longer have to worry about getting emails from her.

We did get the guys suits picked out. Now we have to make sure they go and get them in a timely manner. With a little over a month left to go, they need to get them this weekend or it will be cutting it a little close. We haven't picked out ties yet though. Alex hasn't picked his suit out yet either. Men. Always waiting until the last minute. We also need to get the ring situation figured out. This is freaking me out. We contacted the place where he got my ring, but the one that matched my ring is so f'ing expensive.

My bridal shower was on Saturday. Autumn, her mom and Leslie H. did an AMAZING job with everything. It really so nice. They did a fiesta theme since we are getting married in Mexico. I had to wear a lovely sombrero with a veil attached to it. It was really cute, but I felt like such a dork in it! It was really nice to see everyone too! There were 11 of us I believe. It was such a nice group. Of course there were silly games which was so much fun, but I think the best part of it was what Alex did. I had no idea what was going on, but it was a HUGE suprise. I couldn't figure out what was going on, but Alex had Autumn keep me out of the house Friday night and then he was locked up in the guest bedroom ALL Saturday morning. I went and tanned, got a mani/pedi and went shoe shopping and he was STILL in the room when I got back. His project was supposed to be done by the time I left which was at 2, but he wasn't done and promised Autumn that he would drop it off. I had NO CLUE what was going on.

Autumn and Leslie were freaking out a little because he didn't get there till almost 4 (the bridal shower was from 2-4). Autumn popped in the dvd that Alex dropped off and I still had NO clue what he had done. There was a little bit of technical problems, but eventually it worked. Alex had put together the most amazing thing ever. He had filmed himself answering questions. So a question would pop up, like "what is the one thing you would take with you if you were deserted on an island?" And then I would have to answer and hope that I got it right and he would answer it. OH MY GOSH! It was f'ing hilarious! It was the most amazing thing ever. I got 9 out of 14 right which wasn't too bad because the ones I got wrong he really didn't have an answer for. He was so funny. We all laughed so much. They videotaped me responding which I can't wait for Alex to see.

The girls gave me awesome gifts too. I am very blessed to have such amazing friends here. I love them all so much.

After the bridal shower we went to Sedona for some drinks on the patio. It was nice to get out. We had a blast. Tons of drinks and a few shots later we decided we wanted to head over to Woofers and Tweeters to get some dancing in. We drank a lot. It's bad when you become best friends with the shot man. ha!! I can't even tell you how many shots we had. Too many though. We closed the bar which wasn't something that I wanted to do. Since I had to work the next day I had planned on being home by midnight. HAHA! Who was I kidding? It was worth it though because we really did have a blast. I have to post pictures which I will try to do this week.

We go to Dallas this weekend to see Nickelback with Autumn and Mike. It will be fun. We also get to do some fun shopping! YA! I am looking forward to getting out of town for a little while. It is a quick trip. We leave Saturday morning and come home Sunday.

K, I better get back to work....

No comments: