I can't begin to tell you how estatic I am that it is Friday! It has been a really long week!
Sunday night Alex and I got the invites put together (yes, he helped)! We had to put a stamp on the response envelope, the outer envelope, and then stuff the damn things. Of course when I bought stamps, I only got 42 cent stamps (160 of them) and of course they required more. THANKFULLY I was smart enough to have Alex weigh them before we slapped those bad boys on. We sat on the couch and put on Mirrors (an ok movie), and stuffed and stamped away, with the new 59 cent stamps. When I first got the invites I hated them. I didn't want to send them out, so they sat in the guest room for about 2 weeks before I pulled them out again. I tried to ignore them and would every once in awhile peek in the box, tear up, and then hope they would magically become something I liked. It kinda worked. The more I looked at them, the more I started to like them! I will have to post a picture...one day. ha!
This week has been insane with wedding planning. I had been waiting, and waiting, and waiting to hear from my wedding coordinator. Apparently she decided she wanted to try to give me an ulcer, and it almost worked. I told her a few months ago that I would like to have everything done by the end of February. She said that is doable. She sent me an email with my Event Confirmation Order the middle of February to which I had MANY questions and changes and then she went missing. Seriously. No emails, nothing for an entire month. I was emailing her asking what was going on, if she was okay, did she get killed by the drug lords? Nothing. Finally she calls me the Monday I get back from my bachelorette party (after I sent her an email and told her I was fucking freaking the fuck out right about now). She seemed irritated. Okay, maybe I used the F word a bit much, but c'mon lady! I am the type of person that keeps nagging (Alex can attest to this) until I get either a) what I want or b) a resolution that I am happy with. So, on Tuesday, I finally get an email from her (after more "what the fuck" emails) and now the ball is back in my court to which I have done nothing with. My plan is to go over it today as the boss man is out of town...YES! However, he of course had to leave me a full tape of dictation that I get to type up. Ew.
So, there was more wedding drama. I get Travelzoo updates about once a week. I ususally just delete them, but decided to take a quick look and lo and behold there was a deal in there for our hotel. Actually, it said, "Upscale Los Cabos Beach Resort w/Credit, Save $200." I clicked on the link and it was the Sheraton! What?! It took me straight to the hotels website where I went and did a pretend reservation. $149 a night for the Garden Room. Where we are paying $250 a night! Okay. I was pissed. We have about 19 rooms booked and a majority of them are Garden Rooms. I sent them an email and told them that they need to change our rate to the new price. Of course this didn't work. Who was I kidding? However, this created a war. Alex and his father both got involved. We were all three sending emails and calling. I understand that we have a contract, but the contract was for 20 rooms nights. I won't get into specifics because it is confusing, but basically we could cancel 9 of our Garden Rooms at the $250 rate and then rebook on the website for the cheaper rate. They finally said okay (it only took about 15 emails and multiple phone calls, no joke). This was all resolved yesterday. It was a nightmare. Too many people were involved, the hotel was freaking out which made me freak out! It's all done now though and the rooms are booked. Phew.
No comments:
Post a Comment