This is so late! Little man is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We went in to get induced on Friday, July 9th. We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 in the morning and started to get things going. Everything seemed to have happened so fast! As soon as I got there they started the iv and shortly after that they came in and put some kind of gel on my cervix to soften things up. I was already 3cm and 75% effaced, so things were already looking really good.
The doctor came in about 10 minutes after the gel was inserted and decided to break my water. At this point I had only been there for an hour! He broke my water and they clocked me in as being in labor as of 8:34 that morning. Wow.
It took awhile for the contractions to kick in. They were somewhat uncomfortable for a little bit. They started the pitocin, but soon realized they didn't need much of it because my body was so ready! I was progressing pretty fast. By 11:45 the contractions were getting unbearable and I was between 5-6cm. I ordered the epidural at this point and was pretty proud that I lasted as long as I did because I seriously thought I was about to die. The nurse made me feel good because she said I must have a high tolerance for pain as most people don't last that long (people that are planning an epidural anyways). I was so proud! haha.
The epi didn't hurt at all, it was more uncomfortable than anything. I was worried about nothing of course. It hit my right side more than my left which was so weird. I could move and mostly feel my left leg, but my right was DEAD. It was so odd. I was thankful for the epidural because shortly after I did the contractions started getting closer together and much more intense. Thank you drugs! I could slightly feel the contractions in my left side, but it wasn't bad. It actually helped when it came time to push because I could tell when a contraction was coming on.
At about 3:30 it was time to push. I was slightly in shock at how fast things were going. He was ready to come! We started pushing off and on while the nurse prepared things. She waited awhile to get the doctor. I was a little shocked at this point at how fast things were going. I really couldn't believe it was time to push! It was so weird because it didn't feel like I was doing anything when I pushed, but the nurse reassured me that I was doing everything just fine and was actually an excellent pusher. She finally went and got the doctor and I knew he was coming soon. We pushed a few times and I finally decided I was done! I wanted him out! Pushing is VERY hard and took so much out of me. I told them "I'm on a mission." I knew I was going to get him out with the very next push and sure enough, I DID! It was cute because as I was pushing before the doctor got there, the nurse showed Alex his head and he instantly got tears in his eyes. He was so excited to see his son coming.
I can't begin to explain the feeling I had when I first heard his cry. It's unbelievable. We both cried. It all happened so fast. They took him to get cleaned off as they stitched me up and got me cleaned off. All I could do was stare at my sweet son who seemed so far away. I just wanted to hold him and kiss him! Daddy was so proud. I've never seen my husband so happy and excited in all the years we have been together.
We stayed in the hospital for two days and came home on Sunday, July 11th which was our one year wedding anniversary and my dad's birthday. It was such a fantastic day!
Pics coming in a seperate post.
Jacob Alexander
Born July 9th, 2010 at 4:23 p.m.
8lbs, 1oz and 20 inches long
No comments:
Post a Comment