A few pictures from my cell phone of my handsome little man
Tummy Time! He's SO strong!



Not too sure about the car ride

Loving the Ergo Baby Carrier! He fell asleep as soon as I put him in there. Literally like a minute.

Being a mommy is amazing. It's better than I could have imagined and more tiring than I could have ever expected. I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky? How is it possible that we made this perfect little baby? I feel incredibly blessed. I think about my friends that are unable to have children or my friends that have lost their babies and wonder why I am so lucky? I thank GOD every single second for blessing us with this little miracle. He's truly a blessing. Amazing in every single way.
He turned three weeks old yesterday. And yesterday was a bit of a rough one. He is going through a growth spurt, so all he wanted to do was eat, and eat, and eat. He was attached to me for pretty much the entire day. He nursed for a total of six and a half hours. No joke. He's usually at around five hours, but yesterday was special. He's a growing boy and needed his food! He usually naps anywhere from 2-3 hours two times a day. Yesterday his longest nap was an hour and a half which was just enough time for me to pick up and take a shower. I felt so bad for him because he just seemed so hungry and couldn't get comfortable. So, I held him and nursed him ALL DAY. I ate dinner while he nursed.
Our night went okay since he was up most of the day I prayed that he slept well and he did. We had a nice long stretch from 11-3 which was so nice. Granted, it was on me and we slept on the couch, but it worked. After 3 though he was pretty much up every hour and a half and has been that way all day today. He kept fighting sleep! My amazing hubby suggested we try swaddling again. He has hated it since day one because he likes his arms to be free, but guess what? It's working. He's been asleep for about an hour - IN HIS CRIB. He naps pretty well in his crib which is amazing. He hates his bassinet. We haven't been able to get him to sleep in it since we brought him home. We have been sleeping in his recliner in the nursery. I know it's not the best, but it works, so we do it.
We moved him into size one diapers a few days ago. The newborn ones still fit for the most part, but he was having lots of accidents, so we figures we would move him up to a bigger size and they seem to be doing the trick. They are pretty big on him, but I roll down the top so they don't mess with his cord (which has yet to fall off) and they seem to be doing the trick. Thank goodness! He was wetting through a few diapers a day which meant we were changing clothes a ton! I never realized how much laundry comes with a baby! Good thing I like doing laundry.
I tried pumping for the first time two days ago and it went great. I was able to pump a few bottles and had planned on having Alex giving him his night time feeding, but he's going through a growth spurt right now and they don't recommend supplementing during a growth spurt. We did give him just a little bit on Thursday night to see if he would take the bottle and we had no problems there! He likes to eat! We got the Tommee Tippee bottles and they are fantastic! We ended up going back and getting the ones for sensitive tummies which should help reduce the amount of air he takes in since we aren't giving him a whole lot with the bottle.
We went for his two week check up this past Monday and our little boy had GROWN! He was 8lbs 1oz and 20in when he was born. He went down to 7lbs 12oz in the hospital and on the Tuesday after he was born at his weight check he was 7lbs 14oz and 20 1/4in. Well, at his two week check up he was 9lbs 6oz and 21 1/2in! Oh ya, he put on a little weight and grew like a weed! Looks like my milk is doing it's job! haha.
A little about what Jacob is up to:
- You love to eat. When you aren't going through a growth spurt, you eat every 2-3 hours during the day and about every 3 hours at night.
- You get so mad when you don't get food when you want it. You want to eat the minute you decide you are hungry and will scream until you get what you want.
- I can't change your diaper right when you wake from a nap because you are too hungry. I have to wait until we nurse on one side and in the middle of your feeding, before I switch you to the second breast is when we get our shot.
- You usually don't mind getting your diaper changed - you just hate when it's time to close the diaper.
- You love warm wipes.
- You love your little giraffe that we put on the changing table. He plays "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and he seems to calm you a little. You've actually started to notice him more in the last few days.
- You like the bottle and we can't wait to give it to you more. Daddy really enjoyed feeding you for the first time, even if it was only a little tiny bit.
- You don't like the paci. You will take it every once in awhile, but you would much rather have mommy.
- You love to look at the artwork in the house. When Grandma was here, she would take you around the house and you just love checking it all out. You have one favorite that you can't stop looking at.
- You are in size one diapers, but newborn still fit you. Size one seem to help with the accidents.
- You LOVE to pee and poop when you get your diaper changed. Sometimes I think you plan it that way.
- You fart. A lot.
- You don't like sleeping in your bassinet at all, but will sleep pretty well in your crib which is amazing.
- We had two outings with Grandma this past week and you did an amazing job! We were even able to go out to lunch and you slept the entire time.
- Your belly button is still attached but we think it might fall off very soon. We hope so because we really want to give you your first "real" bath! We think you will really like it.
We love you so much Jacob. We can't wait to watch you grow. It seems that each day brings new and exciting changes as you grow. You're very loved.
1 comment:
He is precious!! His bedroom is so cute too!
Post a Comment