Monday, June 25, 2012

21 Weeks Already?!

I honestly can't believe I'm 21 weeks today. I'm not sure where the time is going, but it really needs to slow down. I felt like Jacob's pregnancy took FOREVER! This one, not so much. By this time in my pregnancy with Jacob we had the furniture ordered. We started looking at a few sets, but the one I want is WAY too expensive. $3,000 for the set. HA! Not going to happen. So, I will keep looking until I find the right one.

Alex's mom is here right now, so that's been nice. She's been a real help with baby stuff and Jacob's birthday stuff. Last night we made the Superhero suckers, cupcake toppers, rolled the napkins and plastic wear, and got his birthday banner ready. We are working on the capes tonight for him and all of his little friends. I am so excited!

We got back from Vegas last Monday afternoon. It was an interesting trip to say the least. It's always nice to get out of Midland (I don't care where the heck we go as long as it's away from here). Vegas with a toddler AND pregnant is a whole other experience. Jacob woke at about 5:30-6 every morning and would go to bed around 7-7:30. Of course there is a nap in the middle somewhere. He was an amazing sleeper, as always. BUT, he wasn't feeling 100% and he showed us. His ears were still bothering him. When we left, the right one was pussing, but when we got there the left started. He was pretty cranky part of the trip. He was still amazing, but not very happy all the time like he usually is. We think it might be his molars coming in, which would make a lot of sense. He went swimming with his Daddy for the very first time and loved it! Uncle Jeff was there too and Gido sat in the shade and watched. We went to the Lied Kids Discovery Museum on Saturday morning. He LOVED it! Mostly, we just walked around and hung out. Kelli and Matt came and we got to see them a little which was so nice! We went and ate at PF Changs and Jacob was such a good boy. He made us proud.

I think we are building a house here in lovely Midland (bleh). I'm happy about the house because it's going to be AMAZING, just not so happy about it being in Midland. I've come to tolerate this place a lot better now that I have great friends with kids the same age as Jacob. It really really helps. It was really tough when I didn't have any mommy friends. The first 7-8 months of Jacob's life was like that. We didn't do much, but it was still amazing, because we had so much alone time. I wish I could have that with this sweet baby girl in my belly. We think her name is going to be Madelyn Nicole. Pretty positive. It just sounds perfect. The only reason I am hesitant is because our friend Lindsey has a daughter named Madilyn. Spelled different, but still. When I first met her, I told her that if I ever had a girl I would be stealing her name. I never thought that would actually happen! I'm still in shock that I get my little girl. I can't be more excited about all the PINK that's about to happen in our life. ha!

Most of my horrible pregnancy symptoms are gone, THANK GOODNESS. I was having a rough time at the beginning. I don't want to forget it either and think I want another baby later on either. NO MORE! This is IT! I couldn't imagine doing this with TWO kids. Having to chase Jacob around is enough. It seemed that after I got off the nasty progesterone and started my thyroid meds things got better. I had a bad time with indigestion for a bit, but that has eased up a little too. The second tri is always amazing. I know it's going to get a lot more difficult in a few weeks here.

We are going to California in a week!! We leave the 2nd of July and get back on the 16th. We planned a longer trip this year since we won't be going back for Christmas. Baby girl will be way too little, so we will be staying home this year. It will be kinda nice because we will get to wake up here on Christmas morning. I can't tell you the last time that happened! I very much look forward to putting out cookies for Santa! I think Jacob will enjoy Christmas so much more this year.

No comments: