Well, we found out on May 23rd that we are having a little GIRL! I knew it. The morning of the sonogram, I took Jacob to Mother's Day Out and then stopped at Target and bought a "Little Sister" outfit. I stood there and looked at the "Little Brother" one for a minute, but I KNEW it was a girl, so I checked out and hit it in the bottom of my purse. We sat in anticipation in the waiting room, and for some reason, I was really nervous! I was so anxious to know. It is beyond me how people wait 40 weeks! I had a hard time making it to 16 weeks! The moment of truth came when the sonographer said, "do you see that?" I shouted "THERE'S NOTHING THERE!!!" I was referring to the between the legs shot. HA!! Yep, I got my little girl. Before I got pregnant, I wanted a little boy because I thought I was meant to be an all boy mom. Then when I got pregnant, I knew it was a girl. I just had this feeling inside me and I was RIGHT! We are beyond excited. I couldn't stop crying after she told us. She had to stop for a second because my belly was moving too much from crying! It was such a sweet and special moment. Alex is terrified. He is SO excited, but so nervous of the "unknown" if you will. Just wait though, this little girl is going to be daddy's little princess. I have NO doubt in my mind. We went to lunch at one of our fav places here (Abuelo's) and called the family on the way. Everyone was beyond excited for us. Of course afterwards we had to buy a few pink outfits and headed to Khol's. :)
Sadly, when I went to get Jacob from school he was really sick with a high fever, so the excitement ended there. We were going to spend the evening celebrating with a few friends, but our poor baby boy was sick! It broke my heart to see him so sick. The doctor said it was just a virus and we had to wait it out. His fever got up to 103, which scared us, but by morning he was so much better! The fever was gone and he was somewhat back to his old self. Well, not completely. He is JUST now getting back to his old self. After that happened he caught a cold and then a semi ear infection AND his two top molars are coming in. Poor baby! Needless to say, it's been a rough 3 weeks. I knew he didn't feel well because he wasn't his same happy self. He was very whiny. Not like him at all. I didn't know if it was the age, or because he didn't feel well. He's always been the sweetest little boy and I knew he couldn't have changed over night! Yesterday was the first day he was almost 100% himself. It was so nice to see.
I can't believe he's going to be 2 in LESS than a month!! We are having a birthday party for him here in Midland at a place called Flippenbounce. He is going to LOVE it!! It's superhero theme because that's what he's OBSESSED with right now. He loves Iron Man the best right now and will ask to watch it ALL day. He has a little Iron Man toy that he got from Target that he's obsessed with. It's adorable. It was Toy Story for awhile there, but we quickly moved on from that phase. He still enjoys Woody and Buzz, but not like his Iron Man.
More to come...he's up and we leave for Vegas today! Time to get us ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment