Friday, June 29, 2012

Pee in the POTTY! Pee pee in the POTTY!

Well, Jacob went pee pee in the POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, let's get to how that actually came to be....

Alex's mom (Gigi AKA my amazing mother in law) is in town for 2 weeks. She said that she could get Jacob potty trained. I laughed at first. No, really laughed and told her he is NOT ready. He wasn't showing any signs yet, but after a bit I decided I would run with her idea and let her try. I gave it all to her and put it in her hands. She's done it 4 times before, I'm sure the 5th would work. My only problem was the fact that we were leaving for California for 2 weeks just a few days after the initial potty training would begin. Hmm...the plane, Disneyland, Sea World, long car rides? Just didn't seem like a good idea, but I was still willing to give it a try.

Wednesday morning, June 27th came and I was READY! Let's DO THIS! We brought the potty out into the living room and put it in the dining room next to his play area. He ate breakfast first and then we put his big boy pants on. He was less than thrilled about them. He HATED them! Finally, after a little bit of getting his mind of of them, he was ok. We had an accident and then rushed him to the potty where he sat for awhile and nothing. Alex came up with a great idea to put his show on and put the potty in front of the TV. Ok. Why not? We sat there for 2 and a half hours. YES. 2 1/2 hours!!!!! His poor bottom had a nice red ring around it. hahahahahaha. We fed him SO much juice, water, milk and begged and pleaded with him to go. We both needed to use the restroom ourselves and were a bit cramped from sitting on the floor. BUT....right at 12:40 p.m. he went. He did it. BUT....mommy scared the living day lights out of him and he stopped mid stream. I THOUGHT he was finished because there was a good amount in there, so we celebrated and he got his Iron Man light up toy. We put his big boy pants on, called daddy, celebrated more, tried to give him candy (he wouldn't eat it?), and then we had an accident. Ok, not so bad, he said "oh no." So he knew it wasn't a good thing. Then when daddy got home, we went into the bathroom and put the pee pee in the potty, flushed and washed his hands (he loves that part). Then, another accident. This time it was a BIG one. It was okay though, I scared the shat out of him...he didn't understand yet. We put a diaper on him and put him down for his nap...

After nap I asked him if he wanted to go potty and he wasn't as excited about it as he had been. I put his big boy pants on, again, not so happy, but since he woke up with a super full and warm diaper, I knew he should be okay. We figured we would let him play for about an hour and a half, since last time it took 2 1/2 hours before he went (ah!). He was playing on the dining room chair when I saw he started to go. I rushed him over to the potty to finish. We sat for about 45 minutes on the potty in front of the TV. It wasn't too bad this time. He started a little (I kept my big mouth shut) and then stopped because he looked a little confused. Then about 5-10 minutes later he went! Oh boy did he go! We had a huge celebration again and he got a new Hulk toy (he is obsessed!!). He had one small accident after that, which really shocked me because he literally peed his brains out the time before! I was getting a little discouraged, but only because I was getting worried for the next two weeks while we were in California.

After talking about it, we decided we would wait until we got back from our trip, which is MUCH better and made me feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulder. I am SO proud of him though!! He's such a big boy!!

In other (semi-related news), he's losing the paci! He says it's "caca" great word, huh? It's working, so I don't really care. He stopped using it 24-7 and only uses it at night and nap time, which we plan on cutting when we get back from California. I don't think it will be as bad as I thought! Yay!! He's growing up too fast!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments: