Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Bachelorette Party was AMAZING!!!!!

Wow. Wow. Wow. What a weekend. Everything was simply amazing. Seriously. This is how it went...
Of course I got sick before going. So I was out of work ALL week (except for Monday)! I tried to go to work on Thursday, but only ended up making it a couple hours. I went home, relaxed (tried to sleep, but it didn't work) and then went to my hair appointment, got my nails done and tanned. I then ran home to pack and spend some time with my honey before leaving. I had to wake up at 2:30 a.m. to make my flight!! Suprisingly though, it wasn't that bad. I got up, showered, packed up the car and got to the airport at 4 a.m. for my 5 a.m. flight. Why did I do that? It was nice though because I got to San Diego at 8:45 a.m., which meant that I had the WHOLE day!
Kelli picked me up from the airport. It was SOOOOOO nice to see her face! I missed her so damn much. We grabbed my bags and headed out. We decided at the last minute that we wanted to go to our old stomping grounds, Pacific Beach (PB). We had SO much fun. We started out at Starbucks and then headed over to our cliff. When we were teenagers, this used to be our spot to hang out. We would take the tandum bike or our skateboards down to the beach and then hangout on the cliff and the pier. It was AMAZING!!
Here is the view from the cliff:

And the view looking the other way, it doesn't get any better than this!

Love my best friend!

Me sitting on the cliff:

After sitting on the cliff for awhile and some much needed catching up, we decided to head up and do some shopping. Yay! I got some really nice Spy sunglasses that I spent way too much money on, but that's ok, because I love them. I forgot my sunglasses, so I needed something! Kelli had let me borrow hers for a little while, but I needed my own. After spending too much money we headed up to the other shops on Garnet. We had so much fun trying on funky sunglasses and stupid hats!!!

And the funky hats:

By the time we were done shopping, it was time to head out to meet my mom for lunch. We stopped at Kelli's house and picked up Jen and then headed out to San Dimas to have a yummy lunch with my mom at Red Robin. It was so good and nice to see my mom. Us girls have been friends since we were little, so it was nice for my mom to see us all together again.
After lunch, we headed back to Kelli's and at this point I was starting to lose my voice. I wasn't feeling too hot, so we stopped and picked up some medicine. Since I had been up since 12:30 California time I decided I should get some sleep so I would feel better for the big day. I think I was passed out by 7 on the couch! It was so cute because Nyah (Kelli's 7 year old daughter) slept with me. I love her so much! I woke up with NO VOICE at all. I didn't feel bad though, so it worked out. We had to be in Temecula by noon, so we got up, Matt (Kelli's awesome hubby) made me breakfast, we showered and then headed out. The outfit I brought with me to wear didn't end up working. My jeans were too huge, so we made a pit stop at the mall on base. Kelli picked out the cutest outfit for me and ended up PAYING for it too! I still can't believe she did that, she is way too nice. I changed in the bathroom really fast and then we headed out. We went straight to South Coast winery where Brandon already was and started to taste some yummy wine!




After a little tasting Emily came to meet us! She looks so damn cute pregnant. It was so nice to see her and baby Navarro. Since she is pregnant, she decided to come hang out for a little bit which was SO nice!
We hung out on the patio right outside of the main tasting room. It AMAZING day outside! Emily ended up buying me a bottle of my favorite wine I had there. It is a sauvignon blanc and is super yummy! I had planned on drinking it in the room, but I totally forgot about it. Thankfully, it made it home in my luggage. I can't wait to drink it.



After hanging out at South Coast for awhile, we decided to head over to Ponte to see what they had to offer. It was so nice! It was really crowded, but it ended being perfect!



After TONS and TONS of wine Kelli and Brandon headed over to the hotel to get things ready and to meet up with my sister. Emily and I headed over to Del Taco to get a bite to eat (mmmm, I truly miss Del Taco). We had planned on getting lunch at South Coast, but somehow that never ended up happening! Pregnant Emily needed to eat (and so did I)! We had to kill an hour before we could head to the hotel, so we just ate in the car and talked which was really nice. Emily is one of my dearest friends, so it was really nice to just have some "Emily time." After grabbing a bite to eat we headed over to Vons to grab some limes for the drink that Kelli had planned to make, but forgot all the limes. HA! We bought so many damn limes!! As we were checking out, the checker decided to make an announcement to the entire store that it was my bachelorette party and everyone cheered. It was hilarious, but so much fun! Emily dropped me off at the hotel (I was sad she didn't get to hang out longer) and I rushed up to the hotel room. I was so excited I could hardly stand it!

When I got to the room, they had stuff all over the door. I wish I took a picture, because it was so cute. There was a sign that said, "Yes, we're open," a penis balloon and a sign that said "Bachelorette Party." Too adorable. I knocked on the door and saw the most amazing room ever!!! It was a HUGE suite and the girls went alllllllll out decorating it. Oh my goodness. It looked amazing!! I was so shocked when I walked in! Behind the door, Liz was there which was a total suprise! I didn't know she was going to be there.

Liz bought me roses and the balloons which were so beautiful. My sister put together little party bags with chips, water, advil, mints, a shot glass and a penis straw...hahaha! So cute!

Kelli and Brandon were making the drink with the limes. It had vodka (and lots of it), ice, limes and splenda. It sounds really weird, but it ended up being really tasty!

Doesn't it look yummy? They did a really good job!


Getting the party started! My best friend Jen showed up! How cool is the bar area? They had snacks and of course you can't miss the penis straws!

Love Liz! She is such a riot!

All of us have been friends since we were 2! I am so lucky they were there to spend such a special day with me. Kelli and my sister planned everything. I know it was insane and I am sure they are glad it is over. ha! They did such an amazing job!

We hung out in the room for awhile. We drank, talked, danced, talked some more, drank a LOT more, opened presents, more great friends showed up. It was so much fun. Oh, and we played fun games that my sister put together. HA! It was pretty funny. I don't think everyone was really into the games so much though...everyone really just wanted to drink!


We decided at some point that it was time to head down to the bar where there was a band playing. The bad thing about it was the place was too crowded, so we couldn't get in! We all stood in line for what felt like FOREVER! We could only get in 2 at a time which was just stupid. I felt so bad because everyone had to stand in line forever. It took us about 2 hours to get everyone in. That is the ONLY part about the night that I would have changed. It was just too bad that we all couldn't be in there at the same time. We danced the night away though! Someone bought us shots of Patron (ewwwww). Which was really nice, but damn that was nasty! I was really drunk at this point, but was having a BLAST!!!!

We decided at some point to leave the bar and everyone got split up. At this point in the night I can honestly say everything went a little fuzzy. I don't really remember much of anything! I know, horrible, right? Hey, it was my bachelorette party...isn't that what you are supposed to do? HAHA!? I remember looking for my sister and Liz and found them gambling at some bar. It was pretty funny because they were both pretty drunk too. My sister (I think) really wanted me to take a shot, but I really didn't want to. I was so drunk already and knew it would throw me over the edge. The bartender caught on and gave me a shot of water! hahaha. My sister had no idea!

We decided to go and eat and at this point it was about 2am (I think). It ended up just being my sister and I because Liz took off. HA! It was good (I think). It was SUPER fuzzy! After eating, we headed back up to the room where I really don't remember much. We passed out after that (I think, hahahahahahaahaha).

The next morning I felt great! Still had no voice, but I wasn't hungover at all. Kelli and I got ready and headed out to the airport. I was so sad to leave. I am really missing home a lot lately. I could cry. It made me realize how much I miss all of my friends and family. Seeing them put it all back into prospective. I know we will be back one day though.

I have TONS more pictures, but there is no way I am putting them all here. ha! All in all my weekend was seriously amazing. It couldn't have been better. Kelli and my sister did an amazing job planning. Wow...this is a long ass post!

No comments: