Monday, May 24, 2010

32 and 33 Weeks - hospital visit.

How far along? 33 Weeks 4 Days
Total weight gain/loss: ? Don't really care at this point.
Maternity clothes? Of course.
Sleep: It's not horrible.
Best moment this week: Feeling better.
Food cravings: Nothing in particular.
Gender: BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belly Button in or out? It's funky looking.
What I miss: Not feeling sick.

Wow. Well, I had yet another kidney infection, but this one ended me up in the hospital overnight. I started feeling icky last Wednesday night. The husband was still in New York. I had a sore throat, sinuses hurt, my back was killing my, my hips hurt, my head was pounding, and I couldn't breathe. I basically felt like I got hit by a truck when I woke up on Thursday morning. I went to work and went to the doctor and was told "it's normal." Um. Okay. I didn't realize I was going to be in such agony, but it's it's normal, then I guess I will just have to deal. He was going to start bed rest, which I was NOT ready for AT ALL, so I was kinda freaking out when I got back to work. I tried to show a co-worker some of the stuff that was going on, but I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided that I needed to go home and will come back in the morning. Well, that didn't work out as planned.

Thankfully Alex got home that afternoon. I went home, took a bath to help with the back pain and then fell asleep. I woke up in even MORE pain. I decided to call Labor and Delivery to see what they suggested. She told me to drink 3 bottles of water, take Tylenol and lay down for 30 minutes. If it didn't get better, I was to call her back. Well, I waited about 2 hours hoping and praying the pain would go away. My amazing husband got home and tried to make me eat. I decided to try a bath, one more time before I called them back. It didn't work. I called them back and she told me that I should come in.

I'm sooooooo glad I ended up going in. They found blood and white blood cells in my urine, which was really weird because just that morning at the doctor's office, my urine was clear. It just didn't make sense. They decided to keep me over night. We were moved from labor and delivery to their antipartum department. My poor amazing husband had to sleep on a horrible recliner. I tried so many times to get him to go home, but he wouldn't listen to me. They hooked me up to an IV (OUCH!), and started me on antibiotics. They also gave me Demerol which finally started working about an hour after they gave it to me. Thank goodness. I was so tired of being in so much pain. I didn't think I could handle it anymore.

They did 3 rounds of antibiotics and boy did they work. My doctor came in Friday morning to check on me. I had to complete one more round of antibiotics and then I could go home. YAY! I was so tired of being there. The food was horrible. I just wanted my own bed! I felt like a new woman leaving the hospital. I was almost completely pain free which was an amazing feeling. I don't want to go back there until it's time to deliver my son! I will say this though, the nurses there are amazing and SOOOO nice.

I took it VERY easy on Friday and Saturday. Alex worked on the nursery. We had a contractor come in and put up crown molding, but we had to finish it, which mean caulking, sanding, painting, the whole nine yards. I didn't realize how much work it was! He did an AMAZING job and worked on it ALL weekend. Sunday I started to feel a lot better, so I worked on cleaning the house. It took everything I had to get that house clean. I pushed through some back pain, but took a few breaks here and there. It got done (all except for mopping) and it looks soooo much better! It was really getting bad. We have a maid coming tonight to give us an estimate. I'm hoping to have her come every two weeks to do the floors and the bathrooms and a few other things because it's just getting way too hard. It won't be forever though. I'm sure going to like having someone ELSE do all the housework!

The best part of the weekend was when Alex finished the painting and it was time to take the furniture out of the boxes!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo happy. He didn't build the crib yet though, poor thing was so tired, but it is getting there! I love that room more than anything. I can't wait to have it all done. We plan on going to get the things we still need this weekend and I believe he's going to build the crib. It's finally starting to all come together. I can't believe that I will be full term in 24 days. It seems almost unreal.

I can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy!

No comments: