Monday, June 28, 2010

38 Weeks and Maternity Photo Shoot

How far along? 38 weeks 4 Days - holy wow. I can't believe I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant.
Total weight gain/loss: 42 pounds. It's right around there. I haven't been gaining anymore, so that's a good thing.
Maternity clothes? Of course.
Sleep: Still pretty much the same. Not too bad.
Best moment this week: The whole week off of work has been really nice. I'm enjoying my time. It's pure heaven!
Food cravings: Fresh fruit.
Gender: BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belly Button in or out? It's still in and I don't think it's going to pop either.
What I miss: Hmm. This is tough. I'm really uncomfortable. Everything seems to hurt by the end of the day. It seems like he's in my left ribs in my back. My lower back hurts too most of the time. I've been taking lots and lots of baths to try and help with the pain which sometimes works. HOWEVER, I'm reallllly trying hard to enjoy these last few DAYS. He's going to be here before we know it and I'm going to miss feeling his elbow (or is that his heel?) push up against my stomach. It's amazing. I can tell he's such a big boy now. I'm in love.

On Friday, I had my maternity photo shoot. I wasn't going to do it and kept going back and forth about it, but I decided to go ahead and suck it up. I wanted to remember this special time and him in my belly - so I did it! Trish Burdett was my photographer. She was amazing and really made me feel beautiful. I was kinda nervous beforehand, but she made me feel comfortable. She came to my house at 8am and we headed out to North A Street to a little neighborhood called The Woodlands. It was beautiful! There is a little lake and tons of trees. I loved the look and feel of it. The pictures turned out amazingly! I feel like I look HUGE, but I guess that's normal for being 38 weeks pregnant! Here they are:


























His mom has been here for a week and it's been nice to have the company. We've been looking at fabric for the curtains for the nursery and plan on getting it today. I can't wait to have it all done. I wish my mom was here too. She will be here soon though! She gets here on the 15th of July and will be here for about a week. At the rate we are going, she will be here for the birth! haha. I kinda have a sinking suspicion that we will be having this little one a few days late. I don't mind so much, he can stay in as long as he needs. Well, he will be getting an eviction notice a week after our due date! haha. Sorry little man...mommy wants to meet you!

No comments: