Monday comes to quick. I know I bitch about it always being Monday, but it really always is!!
The weekend was nice. We didn't do much really. Friday night...crud, what did we do on Friday night? Oh yes, we watched the movie Bolt! I think I may be losing my mind. Anyways, before we wathced the movie, I picked Alex up and we headed to Chick-fil-A for some din-din. On our way there it started to rain a bit. Not too bad. A little thunder and lightening here and there. Well, that changed quickly. While we were in the drive thru line it started to pour. I mean torrential down pour! When it was our time to order we realized the jackasses that built the place put the damn cover on top of the ordering speaker the wrong way, so when I opened my window...I, along with my car, got soaked!! By the time we got our food it was coming down even worse. I felt so bad for the girl working the window because she was drenched! Driving home was fun. Although it was scary because I couldn't see a damn thing on the road, we couldn't stop laughing. Safe, huh? Bolt was a really cute movie. It was nice to relax on the couch. I opened all of the windows so we could see out. Of course, about 30 minutes after we got home the storm stopped and it started to get sunny out. That's Midland for ya!
Saturday we woke up to it pouring outside. Yippie! The thunder woke me up a few times before Alex finally woke me up and asked if I was going to my workout class. SHIT! How could I forget my workout class? He didn't want me to drive, so I ALMOST didn't go. Of course I went. The class was INSANE! I almost didn't make it to the end. Afterwards Leslie and I stopped at Ross to see if there were any good finds. I got two cute pairs of sandals and a basket for my closet (I love baskets).
I got home and went crazy on my closet. I have been getting sick of it being unorganized. I threw out so much stuff. I contemplated giving it to Good Will, but so much of it was old and icky. No one would want my icky old stuff. I threw out about 15 pairs of old shoes and an entire black trash bag of stuff. It felt good to get rid of it all, but also sad because now my closet looks bare to me! I really need to go shopping, but there is NO WHERE in Midland to get cute clothes at! I dusted everything, rearranged, vacuumed and put everything back to where it should be. I will take a picture and post it.
After I attacked my closet, I cleaned a little and then took a very relaxing LONG shower. I then decided that I needed a pedicure! ha! I got ready and had one of the best pedicures I have ever had. Hands down. It was pure heaven.
That evening we went to dinner with J, Tracey and Addi to Clear Springs. We always have such a good time with them. Addi is really opening up to me. It took her awhile to feel comfortable with me, but now, she loves me! We colored and played games before and after dinner. Then we all went bowling and had a blast!! Poor Tracey couldn't bowl though. I felt bad. She's very much pregnant with twins, so she was our cheerleader. We had a little to drink, but the beer tasted nasty, so we only shared two pitchers. I did pretty well on my first game! I bowled a 118 and then it went down hill from there. Alex and J kicked my butt the other two games. After bowling we played a few arcade games. Addi and I played air hockey (she kicked my butt).
It was almost midnight by the time we got home and Alex was still ready to have a few drinks. I wasn't really in the mood though. I had one beer and we sat outside while he had a cigar and talked awhile. Shortly after we came inside I passed out on the couch. Poor Alex. He wanted to hang out so bad and I just didn't have it in me! Luckily, I think his brothers are coming in from California this weekend, so he will have someone to party it up with.
Sunday was rather lazy. I relaxed, watched tv, went to get my two toes fixed that I messed up bowling (it was so hot in there that my socks melted the paint on my two big tows and messed them up)! I am anal about stuff like that. Alex said he couldn't notice, but I could! He also said that if anyone is getting that close to my toes then he has a problem with them. ha! After that I went to Target and spent way too much money for stuff I didn't really need. Well, I did need hair products, but all the other crap I ended up getting wasn't needed. I tried to prevent this by only getting a carry basket, but of course by the end of my shopping trip I was struggling through the store trying to carry the over stuffed basket. I am a dork. That was the extent of my weekend! I did pick up salads from Rosa's on my way home from Target...mmmm! Heaven!
I didn't watch True Blood last night though because I was TOO tired! Tonight, I WILL be watching it! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment