Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life...

Has been insane. I think things are finally starting to settle down a little though.

Our really good friend Mike was in a really horrible motorcycle accident on May 14th. We didn't know if he was going to make it. He wasn't wearing a helmet, so most of his injuries were on his head. He had 4 skull fractures and his brain was swelling considerably. He has been through so much in the last 3 weeks. They went in and took out a piece of his skull on the left side to relieve some of the pressure and that did the trick. He was moved out of ICU this past Friday into a normal room. He can now talk and he actually sounds like himself finally. He looks amazing too. It is so great to see him doing so well. Autumn and Mike are two of our best friends and we are thankful to have them in our lives. Mike is truly a miracle. I have watched it right before my eyes.

We booked our honeymoon and have the wedding almost planned. Vegas wedding at the Bellagio on July 11th! My dad's birthday. That is such a special day for me! I already knew that my daddy would be with my on my wedding day, but having it on his birthday makes it that much more special to me.

We will be taking our honeymoon in August and I cannot wait for it. We will be going to the following places:

Venice, Italy
Athens (Piraeus), Greece
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Istanbul, Turkey
Mykonos, Greece
Naples/Capri, Italy
Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Barcelona, Spain

12 days of pure bliss. I have never been anywhere, so it will be nice to see a little more of the world! AND...we have a suite! The last two cruises I have taken were inside cabins. They weren't horrible...c'mon, it's a cruise! BUT...it is going to be AMAZING to have a balcony and a little extra room in the cabin. There is also a bathtub! If you haven't been on a cruise before the rooms and the bathrooms are TINY.

I have more to write about, but I am so busy at work that I just don't have time. More later!

No comments: