We have been talking about trying for a baby for a long time now. Of course we wanted to wait until after we got married to start trying, and thankfully that time is FINALLY here!
We have been SO careful. I stopped my birth control back in January (due to complications which I explained in a previous post awhile back). Since I stopped my birth control, we were so worried about having sex. I was keeping track of when I was supposedly ovulating and we used protection, but the whole time we were worried about the possibility of getting pregnant. His family is very traditional and if we were to get pregnant before the wedding, we would pretty much be shunned! I am sure that is the extreme, but it wouldn't have been pretty. That scared the shit out of us.
Now that we are married a huge weight is lifted off of our shoulders. I have to admit...sex is SO much better!!!!! There is no more worry! We can finally relax and let things happen, so to speak. HA!
From the little charting I have done in the last few months I figured out I should have been fertile last week. We took full advantage of this and offically starting "trying." Now, a week later...I can't stand the waiting!! I am pretty darn sure I didn't get pregnant on the VERY first try. Who am I kidding? BUT...the thought that I MIGHT be is killing me!
I took a pregnancy test this morning. I know, I know, I know! It was a total waste of money. I knew it would be negative, but I almost had to do it just to make myself relax! I am not even supposed to start my period until next week. I only ovulated a week ago. We had planned to make this fun. I am not going to be crazy, but it is so hard. I hate that I am the type of person that plans and worries. I have a feeling this will NOT go away until I finally get that big fat postive.
Think what you will, but I am pretty sure I am NOT the only one that is like this. I have done TONS of reading and research online. I have read other blogs and posts on various baby websites to know that I am not alone. I am probably a little more psychotic than most, but hey...I can deal with that.
4 comments:
My husband and I are also trying to get pregnant. I was on birth control for 7 years and just got off 2 months ago. I too am having a hard time being patient and EVERYBODY is like if you worry about it, it won't happen. But I'm not really worried, just impatient :) Just wanted you to know that you aren't crazy- I'm in the same boat!
I was SO like this with both of my kids...a bit OCD my husband says! And...I got pregnant first try with both of mine...so it could happen :) So exciting!
Oh girlfriend!!! You sound JUST like me!!! We have been trying for a full year now and still NO BABY! :( But, every single month I still think that I'm pregnant, and take countless pregnancy tests!!! I hope it happens soon!!! (for both of us!! hahaha!)
I got here trough the blog hop in Wedding Dresses.
But I had to comment on this post, because my husband and I are on the same "ship" of trying to get pregnant.
By the way, my name is Fabiola. Nice to meet you.
Post a Comment