Thursday, July 30, 2009

Working out...

I have been working out off and on for the last few years. I started to become really serious about working out when I was training for the Aids Lifecycle Ride (bicycle ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles - around 650 miles in a week) back in 2007. I really enjoyed working out, but riding EVERY weekend 100+ miles was wearing me thin. So after the ride was over, I pretty much stopped everything for a couple months. I don't know what happened, but I think I needed a huge break after working out like a mad woman for 8 months straight. We had also moved to Texas in my few month hiatus, so I had to try to find a new gym.

I started working out at the YMCA in November of 2007 and have loved it so much. I started Body Pump in April of 2008 and have been going ever since. It's a tough class, but it works! I typically go twice a week, but I am going to step it up to 3 times a week, adding in a Saturday morning class. I have been kind of a slacker for a few months and it's time to make some changes.

I joined Weight Watchers last week and signed up for a new gym with my husband. We will now go to Gold's Gym. I will miss my workout partner, Leslie, very much. She is calling me a traitor. ha! I feel horrible, but I figured if I signed up to go to Gold's I could go with Alex and we could push each other. He has been doing great!

P.S. I tested last night! hahahahahahahahahahaha! BFN! I bought some cheapy $1 tests from the Dollar store, so I don't feel so guilty testing now. I should start my period today. I know I am not pregnant which is sad, but it's okay! It's only the first month trying. It works out perfect because I can now enjoy a few beverages on our honeymoon! Yummy wine in Italy, a cocktail in Monte Carlo...that sounds like heaven! And, as it turns out, I should be ovulating the first week of our cruise! Honeymoon baby!?!

No comments: