Wow...I am finally his wife! I cannot begin to explain how excited I am. Our wedding was amazing. It was by far the best day of my life. This is how it went...
On Thursday my office took me out to lunch (again) to celebrate our wedding. It was a blast. We went to La Bodega (Mexican food). Everyone was in a great mood and many laughs were had. I even had an alcoholic beverage. mmmm. Marc, my boss surprised me and told me to take Friday off (I had planned on working half a day). That was a VERY nice surprise. I had so much left to do before we left. It was nice not to stress out when I got home that night.
Friday was very calm. I cleaned the house a bit because I really didn't want to come home to a messy house. I even changed the sheets on our bed so we would have a nice clean bed to come home too (that was very nice)! We packed, I went and tanned and ran to the store to grab a few last minute things and then got ready. We were ready to head to the airport around 2:30.
I had to carry my wedding dress, but it wasn't that difficult. The flight was seamless and we got to Vegas where we had our limo driver waiting for us. That was awesome! I wish we could travel that way all the time! ha! We checked into the hotel, unpacked and I called the bridal shop to come and pick up my dress and his suit to get steamed. I was so calm at this point. I was excited to finally be there! Our room was pretty nice. I wasn't totally impressed. I thought the room was going to knock me off my feet. It was nice, but I heard the Trump rooms were better. We did have a pretty awesome view of the fountain though! We were able to watch the show from our room which was pretty sweet.
After settling into the room we headed down to find the restaurant and to see the chapel. The restaurant was AMAZING! They took us back to the room where the dinner was going to be and we fell in love. The pictures online do not do it justice! We then tried to find our way to the chapel where we got a little lost and then found it only to find that it was closed. Oh well. We grabbed a beer and met up with Alex's dad in the VIP area for a drink. His dad decided to take everyone to dinner at the Bellagio Buffet, so everyone (about 23 of us) met up and had a fantastic dinner. It was SO nice to have everyone there. It was almost surreal to have all the people we love the most in the same place at the same time.
After dinner a bunch of us headed over to a bar at the Paris hotel for some drinks and dancing. We had a really nice time. I had two beers and danced a little and then we headed back to the hotel around midnight. I didn't want to stay out that late, but it worked out perfect!
On Saturday morning we got up and went to get our marriage license. We got to take another limo ride (fun!) and walked into a completely empty office. No lines whatsoever! That so nice! We were in and out of there in about 15 minutes. We headed back to the hotel and met his dad for a light breakfast in the VIP area and then I headed to the hotel to get ready for our very busy day. Our rehearsal was at noon, and of course I was a little late. I was waiting for my dress to get delivered and then I had to take it out of the bag and lay it on the bed. By the time I got to the chapel everyone was there waiting - and then we got the show on the road! There was SO much to remember. Alex wanted to run through it twice. ha! We had a blast. There was lots of laughter. My sister wasn't there yet, so we had Yan stand in for her. haha! That was hilarious.
After we were done at the rehearsal everyone split up. Alex and I took my mom to have lunch at the Buffet, but I couldn't really eat. I was starting to get a little nervous at this point. My sister got to the hotel and I met up with her and Liz. It was so nice to see them! I almost burst out into tears when I saw them! I was starting to get really emotional. ha!
After lunch Alex took my mom for a drink and I headed up to my room to grab my stuff to take over to my sister and Liz's room. I had to rush because of course, I was late for my salon appointments which started at two. I rushed to my room, packed up all my stuff and then rushed over to their room to drop it all off. I gave the favors and guestbook to them to take to the restaurant and chapel. Thank goodness for their help! Then I was off to the salon. I was only about 10 minutes late, so it wasn't too bad. I started off with my manicure and pedicure which were pure heaven! It was AWESOME! From there I went and had my hair done and then it was makeup time. Sheri came in and brought a bottle of champagne! Thank goodness for her!!!!! It was awesome! I felt amazing afterwards. I really felt beautiful.
When we were all done getting pampered, we headed back up to the room to get ready. I was really nervous, but we had a blast. I had to write a card for Alex and it was so hard to concentrate. Liz ordered chapagane and a few appitizers (there was no way I could eat though). I did have a little champagne though! We got ready, laughed, took pictures, were silly and then the photographer got there to take some pictures of us getting dressed. I got into my dress with the help of my mom and Tawylia while tons of pictures were taken. It was a blast!
The photographer left to meet up with the guys and we headed down to the chapel. Liz almost made us pee our pants. We got a wheelchair for my mom because her arthiris was bothering her. The walk was too much for her, so I asked Liz to push her. On our way there all though the hotel Liz pushed my mom into people saying, "beep beep." We were dying. My poor mom was embarassed, but she was having such a good time.
I didn't realize that there was a wedding going on and we barged into the chapel area and were a little loud...whoops! I felt kinda bad! We were escorted into the dressing room where we waited until the other wedding was over and the guests could finally be seated. It felt like forever. I was shaky and very nervous at this point. I just wanted to see Alex already. Finally Sara, the wedding coordinator, told us it was time and everyone left the dressing room. I was all alone. I didn't know what to do with myself! I walked around the room. Looked in the mirror, fixed my lipgloss, wondered what the hell was taking so long, fixed my hair, ate a mint and then finally Jeff was brought into the room. I was SO happy to see him! He made me feel so much better just by being in there.
Then...it was time. It was finally time to get married. Sara took us out to the waiting area. I heard the music start...I took a deep breath while Sara fixed my dress and the doors opened. Wow. The chapel looked amazing. I couldn't really see Alex yet because everyone was standing up. I didn't see anyone as I tried to find his face and then I saw him. The melted. He looked so handsome. It was finally here. We were finally going to be husband and wife and that was all I could think about. Jeff passed me over to Alex and I couldn't stop staring at him. Wow. The Reverend said stuff, but I heard nothing. All I could think was, "wow, he looks amazing. Oh no, my flowers are shaking, maybe if I hold them tighter they will stop, nope, no luck, oh, look...there's my honey." LOL! The whole ceremony was a bit of a blur. I cried a little. Looking into his eyes while professing my love to the man I would spend the rest of my life with really got me. The best part of the whole thing was the kiss. WOW! It was AMAZING!!!! We were pronouced husband and wife and made our walk up the aisle as husband and wife.
Afterwards everyone gave us hugs and told us how happy they were for us. It was so nice to see everyone. It was all a bit of a blur though. We were then whisked away to take TONS of pictures. We literally took pictures for over an hour and a half! We went all throughout the hotel and I think we got some really amazing pictures taken.
We got to the restaurant at about 9:30. We walked in to tons of cheers and clapping. I had goosebumps and chills. It was an amazing feeling. Alex have a brief speech thanking everyone. To be honest, I don't even remember everything he said! We enjoyed dinner very much. I totally should have got the steak. haha. The fish was good, but Alex's was way better. My sister and Kelli gave amazing speeches as did Rick. It was all such a whirlwind.
We had planned on going to Nine Fine Irishmen, but we were SO tired that we called it a night after dinner and headed up to the room.
All in all the weekend was AMAZING! I was sad it was over so fast, but I wouldn't have changed anything. It really was the most amazing day of my entire life. I love being his wife!
2 comments:
CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!! I cannot wait to see pics!!
Congrats! Sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment