Okay, I was worried about this appointment. I was just so worried that we wouldn't hear a heartbeat, BUT...we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is how it went...
The husband and I met up at the doctor's office and were greeted by the entire staff. They were so happy to meet Mr. P. hahaha. P stands for "Problem." They gave me that nickname awhile back. Actually, I think I gave it to myself and they ran with it. Now I am Mrs. P and the husband is Mr. P. So, I get called in, pee in a cup, get weighed (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH), they take my blood pressure and we went in to chat with the doctor. He was very nice and answered all our questions after asking us a ton. He asked questions about how I have been feeling and our family history. When it was time to ask our questions I froze! I should have wrote them down, but I didn't. The husband asked a few great questions (he obviously did his homework, I was so proud). I think was just too anxious to get in there to hear the heartbeat! Before that came I had to endure a wonderful pap smear! It's so weird how much more sensitive everything down there is now - it wasn't pleasant, but it was quick. The poor husband was trying to not look. haha!
After that was all said and done it was time to try to find the heartbeat! He did mention that it may be too early to find it, but he would try and to not freak out if we didn't find it. Ya, right...after what felt like 5 minutes, he found it!!! Our little precious baby's heart was beating away. I don't know how fast it was though because his cheap-o doppler didn't have a lcd screen. Huh? Oh well. I will deal. As soon as he found it I wanted to cry and laugh, but I didn't want to move so we could hear it a little longer. It was AMAZING. I am now going to rent a doppler for a few months. haha. I don't want to wait another 4 weeks to hear that!!
He said my due date is the 8th of July instead of the 12th, but he's going off his little chart and I know I ovulated late. Even our ultrasound measured right on with what I was expecting, so I'm not going to change our due date just yet. If our little one is measuring bigger at our 20 week ultrasound, then I will change it, but I am pretty positive it's still the 12th. Either way, I'm so happy everything went so well. He said we are off to a fantastic start and everything looks great! YA!
The wonderful office staff loaded me up with a HUGE bag of goodies!!! Tons of reading material and fun stuff like a planner, formula, picture frame, DVD, tons and tons and tons of magazines, small samples of lotion, hand sanitizer, tissue...the list goes on!
This all feels so much more real. This is happening! We are both so happy.
We are off to Vegas this afternoon for his mom's wedding!! I am the Matron of Honor and am PRAYING the dress still looks good and fits!!! Eek. I am sure it does. I am a little worried about being in Vegas with all the smoke and people, but I will do my best to stay away from it all. I was contemplating wearing a mask...haha. I know, I know...I don't want to be some freak, so I will just steer clear of all the nasty smoke. It might suck a little because I won't be able to hang out with everyone much. There is a wine and cheese reception tonight that I will go to and then plan on going back to the room while everyone goes out to hit the town. Kind of a bummer, but I will get to relax and I won't be hungover the next day! HAHAHAHAHA! It will be a totally different Vegas experience for me!
We will be staying at the new Vdara at the City Center! It's BEAUTIFUL! We got a deluxe suite for only $99 a night. It's only be open for about a week - sweet!!
4 comments:
Yay!!!! So excited for you and glad everything is going well!! We have our first appt on Monday and it cannot come fast enough!!
It's funny you mentioned masks. My hubby and I were in a phone store the other day and there was a pregnant lady there (very much showing - probably in week like 25+) and she had a mask on!! It was kind of strange, but if my dr told me to wear a mask everywhere, I would!! :)
Hope the dress fits and you have a fabulous time in Vegas!!
Oh, has your morning sickness let up at all?
Thanks for the invite! I love your belly pics, you need to embrace it because it is really beautiful! Stop being so tough on yourself! You are going to be the most beautiful pregnant mama! :)
So glad you were able to hear the little one's heart beat!
Had my first appointment this morning...you know what he did? A pap test. that's it!!!!! (and they sent me for bloodwork). No ultrasound, no attempt to find a heartbeat, nothing! I was so frustrated! He said they can't even hear a heartbeat until 12 weeks. I know SO MANY people that get ultrasounds at 6 and 9 weeks and hear the heartbeat! He said everything looks normal, and judging by my nausea, I would say everything is ok, but I go back in 4 weeks to finally hear the heartbeat!
Anyway, hope you had a great weekend and you fit into your dress! :)
Post a Comment