Monday, March 1, 2010

21 Weeks - and a little catch-up

How far along? 21 weeks and 4 days!
Total weight gain/loss: OMG! 20 pounds. Yep. 20.
Maternity clothes? Yep. Yep!
Sleep: It's okay. It's so weird to be such a light sleeper now. I used to be able to sleep through everything. Now, the slightest sounds or movements will wake me up. I am constantly needing to roll over in my sleep too which is a pain because it's such a hassle already.
Best moment this week: Knowing that everything is okay.
Food cravings: Sweets, sweets and more sweets. I am not giving in anymore though. I made a smoothie last night and will have that when I am craving something sweet. Fruit and yogurt are much better for me than the bag of gummy worms I crave all the time. lol.
Gender: BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belly Button in or out? It's still in, but getting a little stretched already.
What I miss: Nothing really. Well, I take that back...I miss having a smaller ass. Not a SMALL ass because I've never really had one, but holy hell, my ass is HUGE!!

I'm definitely feeling a lot more pregnant lately. I love feeling him move and wiggle all day. It seriously doesn't get old. Every time he moves, I stop what I'm doing and wait for him to move again. Wow. I know I am going to miss this when he's here. Just having him with me at every second of the day is such an amazing feeling.

I'm fat. I know I'm pregnant, but I think I might have overindulged a little too much and I really need to step it back a little. Of course no dieting, but maybe saying no to that 10 pound cupcake last week would have been a smart idea. There is no reason I should have already gained 20 pounds at this point. I know I'm going to hear it again when I go to the doctor this week.

It feels like the days, weeks and months are rolling by! I can't believe it's March already. Where did January and February go? I feel like I'm always going to my monthly doctors appointment. Weird. I'm not complaining because we seriously cannot wait for July to get here so we can meet our precious son, but I still can't believe how fast time is flying! On the flip side, I can't believe I have 4 more months to go! lol.

My mother-in-law and bro-in-law were here for a week. They just left last Wednesday. I was sad to have them go because it's really nice having them here, but it was also nice to have the house back. Our house, although it's 2,100 sq. feet, is small for that many people. It's just hard. I know when Jacob gets here it will be difficult to have multiple visitors at a time. We have our guest bedroom, so one person is perfect, but any more than that it gets a little cramped. Which leads me to our HUGE dilemma we are dealing with right now. His mom wants to come out for a month when the baby gets here. This is great, because I know she will be such an amazing help, BUT, my mom, his dad (and significant other), my sister, his brothers and my best friends all want to come too. We figured we would just put everyone up in a hotel to save on headaches, but I don't know how that's going to work. His mom keeps telling me that she will take the couch and my mom can have the guest bedroom, which I guess would work out, but I don't want to have everyone on top of each other. It seems like we will have so much to adjust to with having a new baby - having too many people staying with us might be too much. We are working on it. It will ALL work out, it always does. We are blessed that we have so many people that love us and our son!

I had a little scare last week. I was spotting pink and brown for about 3 days. I went to the doctor on Friday and had everything checked out. Thankfully the baby and I are doing just fine. The doctor told me I have a "grungy" cervix. What the hell does that mean? I have no idea. He said about 50% of women have it and it's fine. Really? I have a grungy cervix? So, he said to take it easy and rest when it happens. All day Friday I laid on my left side in bed and didn't do much at all this weekend and it seems to be gone. I was totally freaked out for awhile there. I thought for sure I had an incompetent cervix and something horrible was going to happen. Damn Google. I am the worst with that. I'm okay though and so is our precious son.

More later...busy at work!

No comments: