Fast forward to Sunday. We decided to do a little shopping before our flight and ended up having lunch at this burger place in Planet Hollywood. It was really good. We both had a guacamole burger and shared fries. About half way into my burger I started to get a little tummy ache, but I went ahead and finished it because I knew we wouldn't eat again for a little while. Well right after I finished I felt awful. I had the worst stomach pains and just wanted to lay down. I was starting to get really nauseous too, but just dealt with it as we walked back to our hotel.
After what felt like a 5 hour trek to our hotel (it was really only about 15 minutes), I went straight to the bathroom because I thought I was going to be sick. I didn't, but really just wanted to lay down and not move. We grabbed our bags and got a taxi to the airport. I felt okay at this point. Pretty icky, but nothing I couldn't handle. We finally sat down and didn't move until it was time to board our flight, which was about an hour and a half. I had to unbutton my pants because the pressure from them were making my stomach hurt worse. It was quiet interesting to try to walk with my pants undone because they kept almost falling down.
We made it to Albuquerque where our plane was delayed an hour! We were stuck there for three hours!! We found a seat in a little bar where Alex could watch the game and have a beer. I had ginger ale that seemed to not help at all. I was not feeling well at this point and it seemed to be getting worse. I started crying from the pain, poor husband didn't know what to do. After sitting there for about an hour I decided to contact my doctor. I was pretty convinced I had indigestion and I wanted to see if I could take anything. She told me to take some Zantax (at least I think that's what it is called), which I did and about 30 minutes later I started throwing up. Throwing up in an airport is just about the worst thing ever! I warned everyone when I went in there that I did not have the swine flu and that I was pregnant. I could just imagine every one's faces when I started to be sick. I am sure I cleared that bathroom out many times. We finally got on the plane and I seemed to have got worse. The stabbing shooting pains were horrible. I couldn't take it and felt like I was going to die. At this point I was shaking and couldn't stop. Poor guy sitting next to me must have been so freaked out.
As soon as we landed in Midland I made a bee line for the restroom and got sick again. Ew. I don't know how I made it to the car. I was so weak and felt so horrible. As soon as I got home I got into bed and didn't move. I woke up in the morning to feeling very horrible. I threw up a little, but there wasn't much left so it decided to come out the other end! I slept till about noon and called my doctor who told me to get to the hospital.
I called the husband, told him not to worry and to stay at work, and headed to the hospital. They immediately got me in and started testing. They hooked me up to an IV and then tried to find the babies heart beat, but they couldn't find it. At one point two nurses were looking for it and couldn't find it. I was really starting to freak out at this point but was trying not to show it. I am sure everything was okay, right? The husband came up after this because he couldn't focus on work and was worried about us.
The doctor came in and told me that I had a bad bacterial infection and started me on antibiotics. They gave me a shot for the pain, stuck swabs up my butt, gave me more meds through the IV and then left me alone for what felt like forever. We decided we wanted an ultrasound to make sure the baby was okay, which they said we could have. BUT, I had to get a catheter! WHAT?!?!?! So after going back and forth for a good 30 minutes and calling my doctor to see if we should do it, we opted to go for it. They shoved that damn catheter in - OH MY GOSH and then told me well, now you have to wait because we need to wait for the on-call technician. HAHAHA. So, I sat there with that damn thing in for about an hour and a half until the lovely technician got there. They started the ultrasound and look what we saw:
Our little baby looks like a baby!! Not only that, but the little wiggle worm was ALL over the place! He/she didn't stay still long enough for us to get a really good picture. He/she waved for us, posed and kicked like a little soccer player. It was truly amazing. We were SO relieved that everything was okay.
After the ultrasound they removed the catheter and I was soon released and sent home to rest and take it easy. I wasn't feeling great, but I felt a lot better than I did when I first went in there. I was happy to be home!! I ate a sandwich and then fell asleep.
I am FINALLY back to work today and feeling so much better and our little one is okay! Phew.
3 comments:
I'm so glad everything is ok! I was worried when you said they couldn't find the heartbeat, but you didn't sound very upset, so I knew you eventually found it. I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but at least you got to see your baby! :)
One week to go and you're in your 2nd trimester!! :)
How scary! I'm glad everything was okay and your were able to see your little one! I love the picture because like you said, your baby finally looks like a baby!
P.S. You suck...I can't get mad now after reading what you said! :) I'm thankful we own a beautiful home that he can get dirty and messy! Thanks for putting it in perspective for me!
Just catching up on your posts. Glad your little one is doing well and you are feeling better! Hope the rest of the pregnacy goes smoothly!
Post a Comment