I was so nervous yesterday. On my way to the hospital, I was shaking and felt sick. I knew we had a small chance of not hearing a heartbeat or seeing a baby. Thank goodness my husband was there. I think he was a little nervous too. I went in with my full bladder (that sucks) and she started out with an abdominal scan. At this point it was a bit of a blur. I remember seeing a sac (and mentioned that had to be a good sign). After looking a bit like that, she had me empty my bladder, thank goodness, and get ready for the trans vaginal. I could hear the hubby asking questions, it was so cute.
Right away as soon as the wand went in, we saw it, the beating little heart. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life. She let us try to hear the heartbeat a little, but she told us she would go back to it. She measured everything and I was exactly right on. I knew I was exactly 6 weeks yesterday and my due date was July 12, and she confirmed it. My left ovary is double the normal size and I have cysts. I was a bit freaked out, but I'm not going to worry until the doctor starts to worry. After poking around she went back to our little baby, or fetal pole, lol. There is was, beating away. This time we got to hear it loud and clear. Our little bean's heart was beating at 116. Wow.
She had made a comment that she was so happy to see a heartbeat because all day she had miscarriages. THAT right there is what I was afraid of. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!! I KNOW we aren't out of the woods yet. I know we still have 6 weeks until we are out of our first trimester, but this is a start. We are half way there and we have a heartbeat. This is amazing.
I will post a picture later tonight. We need to scan the two pictures in that they gave us. You can't see much because it's literally a little blob, but it's MY BLOB! My baby with a beautiful beating heart. I started to cry the second time I heard it. It's such a miracle. Even the husband got a little teary eyed. Seeing him with that HUGE smile on his face was the world to me.
3 comments:
Thank God! I'm so glad to hear your baby has a heart beat!
That is so awesome Michele :) Frankly, I think the baby is too scared not to do everything you want, like have a heart beat. You are not a force to be reckoned with :)LOL So happy everything is going so well. *hugs*
Thats amazing Michele.
july 12th was the due date with my 1st baby (my angel baby). Never saw a HB with that one though so you are good to go.
Just an FYI....you only have about a 3% chance of miscarriage after seeing a HB. Those are odds I can live with!!! =)
Post a Comment